Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yes We Can!

Recently I had the opportunity to go to see Barack Obama when he officially announced his nomination as the Democratic nominee for the 2008 election.
This man can speak! The Excel Energy Center was so full of energy, it was impossible to not feel inspired!
We came close to not getting in, but were sneaky and cut in line! I guess 15,000 people watched from the screens outside of the stadium.
Before he came on stage, there was energetic music playing and clips of his previous speeches playing in the auditorium. Everyone was getting fired up!
Towards the end of his speech he got really pumped up, and the audience was going crazy. Then he started talking about how "this is our moment, this is the time......" and I got the chills. He has such great oratory skills and knows how to say things so well.
Honestly, that was one of the best things I have ever been to. If he comes back, I will definatly try to see him again!

No comments: