Sunday, May 11, 2008

Race For the Cure!


Today Ryan and I did the Race for the Cure. It is something I like to do every year on Mother's Day to honor the memory of my mom. It is hard to believe that she has been gone for over 12 years already!
It was a really cold start to the race. At start time it was 37 degrees, and the high winds made it feel even colder. Once we got moving though, we warmed up and the walk was really nice.
This picture is from the Kare11 tent. They said Sven Sundgaard and Belinda Jensen would be in the tent- they weren't. I thought it would be pretty funny if we got our pic with Sven and made it our Christmas card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, Bel and I were there but the organizers probably weren't clear on when... we were scheduled there at different times and not the whole time the tent was open (since many were doing different programs on stage, etc.)... sorry! If you and Ryan want a picture taken you let me know!

Sven (ssundgaard@kare11.com)

Hope you enjoyed the event...

Heathere Willoughby said...

Wow sis - a comment from SVEN on your blog! I'm jealous.....I wish I had a comment from Sven!